Are We a Good Fit?
When you are searching for the right pediatrician for your children, give serious consideration to the fit between the pediatrics practice philosophies and your own. Excellent care happens when the physicians and office staff offer care that is aligned with your family priorities and health goals and philosophies regarding medical care. That will allow shared decision making based upon mutual respect.
Please read the following checklist carefully to be sure that Children’s Medical Group is the appropriate medical home for your children. If so, we look forward to meeting you and to caring for your children and teens.
- Vaccines: Our vaccination policy follows the schedule outlined by the American Academy of Pediatrics and the United States Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. We vaccinate our own children on schedule and expect the same of our patients. Thank you for protecting our whole community!
- Antibiotics: We work hard to not overuse antibiotics. We educate families about the appropriate use of antibiotics, and follow evidence-based guidelines regarding this.
- Medical Home: We work hard to provide comprehensive medical care and serve as the medical home for your children. Regular well care visits and sick visits as needed form the backbone of our relationship. Plan to call us first when seeking specialty care so we can direct you to the most appropriate sources. We very much want to receive consultation letters from your children’s specialists to allow us to incorporate their expert advice into our treatment plans.
- Technology: We encourage efficiency of care through the use of technology. Our free patient portal offers access to information about your children, and provides an avenue of communication besides the telephone. Automated visit reminders are another example of how staying connected can streamline your medical communication needs.
- Office Hours: We strive to meet the needs of our patients given their families’ busy schedules. Please familiarize yourself with our office hours, and know that our answering service after hours is available for urgent questions. There is always one of our doctors on call for urgent needs that the answering service nurses cannot handle.
- Appointments: We do not have walk-in hours. Please call our office to make an appointment. Our staff members begin taking calls at 8 AM Monday through Saturday. We strive to leave appointment slots available for each clinician in the office each day. These slots do fill quickly during certain times of the year, however. For your convenience, we schedule well visits months in advance.
- Timeliness: We believe that everyone’s time is valuable, and our practice strives to run on time. We ask that you arrive at our office at the time of your scheduled appointment, or slightly before, or to call us if you are running behind or cannot make an appointment. We reserve the right to ask you to reschedule if you have missed your scheduled appointment time. This is only fair to the people with appointment times after yours.